Bilstein 4600 first impressions...meh.

 went with 4600's because of the favorable reviews and the fact that I keep the truck at stock height and do mostly highway driving. 300 miles into it after install and I think my expectations were too high. Rebound performance may be a tad better over giant potholes, but initial compression is stiff and unforgiving. Small road imperfections translate to the cab more than ever and moderate bumps and rough road patches send vibrations through to the steering wheel and pedals where I didn't notice them before. I dropped tire pressures but somehow it seemed worse so I'm thinking that the tires might be contributing to the pogo effect feel. My wife is going to be thrilled!  

I've got the Off Road package w/ Bilsteins, and they're pretty stiff.
My previous FX4 was pretty stiff too though.
It's just off road shocks in general I guess.

i put 5100s on after 82k miles, front shocks had very little life and the rears were smoked. Made a huge difference when hooked to my trailer as well as unloaded. Noticed it most going over cattle grates, before id get damn near shaken to death, same grates and very little shake. but like i said my stockers were done for so i could see how comming from a decent shock and being a little upset with spending the cash

My stock shocks became worthless. Went with the 4600's and they are much better. Not great, but the best bang for the buck. You want great, you will pay. If you want to spend lots, there are some great ones out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hater's Free-Agency Guide: Why Your Team Ain't Getting Its Top Free-Agent Target

America Ferrera, Uzo Aduba honor Immigrant Heritage Month in star-studded PSA

The Originals recap: 'Phantomesque'