how many miles on your 4th gen cummins?

I'm looking at a 2016 4th gen cummins for my next truck... any issues.. breakdown? cold starts etc?? looking into a cummins for my next truck... it will be used 25-30k miles a year... mostly highway miles and lots of towing miles 6500 pound travel trailer towed all over the state and sometimes to other states. 

Oh yeah, doggone Cummins breaks all the time, I'm just waiting, mine's only been 154,000+ miles...

Had mine for a little over 13 months, done used my 5 free oil changes. Almost 41,000 on it. Some pesky fuel filter changes, lol, other than that its been GREAT

anyone having issues with the emissions stuff? thats probably my main concern have heard it makes the truck goes into limp mode or something?

I put over 65k miles on my 2013


The front brakes needing replacing at 60k
The rear brakes were replaced at 65k 
New tires at 65k
Alignment at 65k

I put over 65k miles on my 2013


The front brakes needing replacing at 60k
The rear brakes were replaced at 65k 
New tires at 65k
Alignment at 65k

Other then that its been normal maintenance

im not sure on your truck but on the last couple years i have read that it will give you a service message and the dealer replaced ccv and cleans ear and some other stuff i can't remember everything....

Other then that its been normal maintenance

thats good to know... the service department at my dealer made it sound like all the newer ones did... knowing that makes me want a CTD more lol only thing really holding me up is concerns about emission problems or issues..??

sorry new here i have read a bit and searched around.. if you know of a specific post i should search for with lots of info I'm all ears 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hater's Free-Agency Guide: Why Your Team Ain't Getting Its Top Free-Agent Target

America Ferrera, Uzo Aduba honor Immigrant Heritage Month in star-studded PSA

The Originals recap: 'Phantomesque'